MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight: Ability to have user set scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Suggestions and feature requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daverx7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Flight: Ability to have user set scale Reply with quote

I have been playing around with flight more this past week and found that it would have been nice if I could have set my own scale and even an optional fancy feature of changing user selectable colors once a threshold(s) were reached for the following sensors:
RPMs
Lat G
Log G
Temps
Map
and maybe even Speed

A couple of examples would be:
RPM:
Scale Min: 0
Scale Max: 9000
Color A (Black) Threshold = 0
Color B (Green) Threshold = 6000
Color C (Red) Threshold = 8800
Color D (null) Threshold = null

Lat G:
Scale -1.4 - +1.4
Color A (Black) = -0.8 - +0.8
Color B (Red) = outside of range

Does this make sense or even useful to others?

Thanks,

-Dave
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly sure what you mean - is this for Flight? In other words, you are asking for a feature that gives a visual indication when you exceed a certain threshold for given parameter values? For example, this could show you whether you are consistently hitting a certain g level in corners, or you could use it as a shift light.

Just FYI - for years we've had a feature in our MQ100-MQ200 series products where you can establish thresholds on a number of parameters and, when that threshold is exceeded, the system flips a relay which could be connected to, for example, a dashboard light, bell, buzzer, jack-in-the-box, cuckoo clock, nitrous enable switch, boost bleed, flux capacitor, or whatever. But it seems very few people, if any, have ever taken advantage of this. So it is currently available only on the MQ200-MAX.

I assume you are suggesting merely that some indicator light up on the Pocket PC screen, or the color of something changes, etc. We have looked into that in the past, so stay tuned - we have some even better ideas as well. Very Happy
daverx7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed!

Yes, these ideas were for flight. There are preselected scales, but it would be nice to have the ability to set the scales myself to match me/my car.

The colors idea is merely a wish and a way to make the flight program a little more jazzed up. Smile

-D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Suggestions and feature requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: