MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autocross - Theoretical Best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Suggestions and feature requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
switcher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Autocross - Theoretical Best Reply with quote

I noticed the ability to view the "theoretical best" lap from a track event by taking the best times from the defined segments

I think it might be useful to be able to do this in autocross mode by defining a "working set" and beacons for the course and using all of the runs in the set rather than laps in a single run.
switcher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

Does this not make sense? By "working set" I mean a collection of the individual autocross run files.
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - I understand what you mean by "working set". The hard thing is to get the average user to understand how to configure and manage a "working set". This brings up some more complicated scenarios, like how to distinguish between separate working sets for left course/right course during a Pro Solo, how to re-sync the working set if you are sharing the system between drivers and forgot at some point to switch the driver suffix, how to ignore extraneous flight recordings that the user collected because he had the Flight Recording Trigger turned on when he ran out to McDonald's for lunch, etc. There are a lot of ways for the working set to get out of whack, and there's a fair amount of work involved in trying to make managing the working set effortless for the user. Then there's the question of how many users will actually understand and appreciate what using a "working set" means for them. There are already a number of features in the software most users don't even know about because they don't have the time to sit down and study the user's manual.

Nevertheless - this is an area we are looking into.
switcher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Manually created Reply with quote

Actually, I was looking to create the working set myself as I went through the data after the event. My usage has been more post analysis rather than "real-time" at this point although I guess an item on the chart menu to "auto-add to current working set on load" would work for the Flight/Chart combo during the run. Perhaps working set naming could come from the same prefix as the runs?

Also, had a thought for automation - perhaps working set could require a beacons file - any run that doesn't match the beacons sufficiently could be excluded.

Best,
Jim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Suggestions and feature requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: