MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone get this system yet and how do you feel about it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferdie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Anyone get this system yet and how do you feel about it Reply with quote

I just pulled the trigger on one. I was wondering if anyone had any real feelings on the product and if they had any problems yet.
Ferdie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
naschmitz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am building a system using the Asus eee PC901, the two recommended web cams, and the Win-Tec G-Rays WBT-300 (MQGPS). So I will let you know how I do with it.

I have experience using the Asus MyPAL A626 Windows Mobile Pocket PC and the Win-Tec G-Rays WBT-300 (MQGPS) that I bought from MaxQ as a turnkey system last year. I've played with the new video features in Chart and have high hopes for the VeQtr system.

I made two videos that you can watch at http://www.vimeo.com/user698966/videos using camcorder and MaxQ data collected last year.
Dwayne Dibbley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video of a nurburgring lap with maxqdata overlay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9OcMqsdqQ&fmt=18
Fobio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you overlay an actual track map rather than your "track"? Say if I wanted to use Mosport, where can I find a track map to overlay it or do I have to create a track myself?
Dwayne Dibbley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the track map is generated when you create the video afterwards from a data + video file. The track is created when you record the overlay / video live.
naschmitz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone get this system yet and how do you feel about it Reply with quote

Ferdie wrote:
I just pulled the trigger on one. I was wondering if anyone had any real feelings on the product and if they had any problems yet.
Ferdie

Hi Ferdie,

I've got my DIY VeQtr up and running and I think it is going to be a great aid. Right now I am just playing with it trying to figure out where I want to mount the webcams, which microphone to use and what settings to use for the data capture. You can see my very first two videos here http://www.vimeo.com/3525610 and here http://www.vimeo.com/3525534 .

After my first autocross of the season on 4-Apr I'll post some event videos.

Bert
naschmitz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a recording from my first use in an event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEDtzk5yOc This video was made using an Asus eee PC 901 with a RunCore 128 GB SSD installed, two Logitech QuickCam 9000s, and a Samson Q1U USB dynamic microphone.

The system does well at making videos. I had to use the "audio workaround registry fix" to get the audio to work. This workaround caused problems when using Chart to compare two runs -- the video would work fine with one but not two runs. I think it is because the video files get too big because the video capture starts immediately when Flight is launched so the video sync marker for the start of the run is near the end of the video file.

This will be a kick-a** system once the audio recording issue is resolved!

Bert
Scott McIntyre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! Thanks for sharing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: