MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MQGPS on a kart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: MQGPS on a kart Reply with quote

Is there anyone using the MQGPS-HiDef on a kart? I'm curious to know if it would be able to withstand the vibrations of a shifter kart in an autocross setting. I'm afraid the kart would be too violent and would hate to purchase one and not be able to use it.
Thanks,
Scott
KevinDietz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should be no issues on a Kart, except for much higher g loads in the data. haha

We do have a 30 day money back gaurantee! If you have problems with it we'll take it back if its in resaleable condition of course.

Give us a call to discuss.

Kevin
3. Bigger Brakes
4. or just give me the keys!
sachilles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's small an light enough, that you might be able to at least mount the gps unit to your helmet. If you don't need to view the lap timer on track, you could also mount the pocket pc on/in your suit. Your body would absorb the abuse.
97 Audi 1.8tq
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend the MQGPS-Quantum for a kart. The kart benefits from the additional accuracy and the inertial accelerometers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Mounting to the Head Reply with quote

Having both autocrossed and raced a kart wheel-to-wheel, I would not mount any data aquisition (other than video) to the head. Your head simply moves around too much. Some people lean into corners, or after a longer race (or earlier in the season!) their head tilts to the outside of the corner due to neck strain. That has to play havoc with the accelerometers!
KevinDietz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting to the Head Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Having both autocrossed and raced a kart wheel-to-wheel, I would not mount any data aquisition (other than video) to the head. Your head simply moves around too much. Some people lean into corners, or after a longer race (or earlier in the season!) their head tilts to the outside of the corner due to neck strain. That has to play havoc with the accelerometers!

Our MQGPS TraQr model is GPS only and wouldn't be affected by head movement much. Our Quantum does use internal accelerometers and I would suggest mounting it directly to the kart.
3. Bigger Brakes
4. or just give me the keys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Contents © Copyright 2006 MaxQData, LLC