MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

install issues w/ drivers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: install issues w/ drivers Reply with quote

I'm have a real headache getting this running on any of my systems.

I've installed the device drivers from the site, hooked up the device. It doesnt automatically get recognized so I manually select the driver (XP210x USB to UART Bridge Controller).
It won't start w/ a Code 10.

I can't do anything else until this gets resolved.

I'm running Vista SP1 (laptop) or Windows Server 2008 (workstation). Either will do.
tweek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much thanks to Ed!

Ed suggested that I use a different driver package: qstarz bt-q1000x http://www.qstarz.com/download/MT3329_USB_Installer.rar

came up instantly.
tweek

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick update:
havent had time to use it on the track but I went and played in a parking lot: http://www.guerillaprogrammer.com/jakew

Two observations:
mounting - what I really like about the tracker is its small size. It's smaller than the IR based timer I have. Ideally I would like to mount the unit around the dash of my motorcycle. I have an 07 ZX6 and there is a nice flat spot on the fairing below the clipons. It is horizontal, provides a good spot for the unit to sit. There are two issues though - the back of the tracker has some rubber stuff on it that won't let the adhesive for my velcro to really stick. Second issue is that when you pull the unit up from the velcrom the battery cover, where the velcro is sort of attached, comes off! So you're standing there with the tracker in your hand looking down at the batter cover still stuck to the velcro. you grab the cover and try to work it lose and it comes off the velcro. Doh!
Guess I'll do a bit of RNE (redneck engineering) to find a secure way to attch the unit. I don't want five hundred dollars worth of gadgets lifting off and becoming debris.

second - the software. Is there anyway I could get the schema for the raw data in the files? The tracker has a bunch of data that is collected, but it favors cars. Lateral G is useless to a bike. I'd like to find a way to use the data collected to calculate the lean angle of the bike.

Can't wait to get this thing out on the track so I can get some real runs with it.
KevinDietz

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Have a new Quantum system coming out just for motorcycles. It has a lean angle sensor now. Check out the download release page. It talks about the additions in newest software release 3.1d

Moto GP
Here We come.
3. Bigger Brakes
4. or just give me the keys!
tweek

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will that be a hardware upgrade or just software?

Also, I finally got out on track with the unit. First session was perfect (for data collection, not my riding). Beautifule smooth lines, software was able to automatically add beacons for all of my laps. Then the rest of the runs I made were messed up. The data is all jaggy, had to manually do the beacons. Any idea what happened? I can provide the files if it will help.

One thing I can think of is that the unit was at an angle on my triple camp. Do weather conditions affect data gathering? IT's like it went down to 1 data point every second or something. Also, does battery strength affect the data gathering?

I'm going to fabricate a mounting bracket to hold the unit inside the pillion. Will having the plast cover over it affect it?
tweek

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bummer. Just read the page - I have the traqr not the quantum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> MQGPS-TraQr All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: