MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set beacons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Timeslips and flight recordings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
commasense

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: How to set beacons? Reply with quote

What is involved in the art of setting up track segments? What is the optimum number of segments? What is the best place for a beacon: in the middle of a short straight between corners? At the entrance or exit of a corner? Do most tracks have "official" segments that we could apply, even if only approximately?

I've driven on eight or nine tracks with my MQ125, and I usually just set a single beacon to get simple lap times. But I would like to use segments to improve my times through various sections. I just don't know how best to do it.

Any hints?
splitime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to hear opinions on this also. Will be using the gear for the first time this weekend and sections will be very usefull on a 3.6mile track.

I'll provide my points for all after the event btw, more should share up here I think Smile

(Autobahn Full course to be posted next week)
Scott McIntyre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some track beacon files here if that helps: http://www.maxqdata.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.TrackBeaconFiles

If your track is missing from the list, be sure to add your own beacon file. Very Happy

As for where to set them? Try talking with local racers or timing & scoring and ask where they typically divide the track into sectors / segments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Timeslips and flight recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: