MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VeQtr Video a few feet into the run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Fritz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: VeQtr Video a few feet into the run Reply with quote

Used VeQtr first time at Auto X today. My flight recording trigger is set to 10 mph. I noticed that the initial frames of the video don't start until I hit 10 mph. I am at 0 mph for at least 20 sec before take off. An ideas why the initial video frames are not from launch? Any suggestions help. I can always default to a screen tap as I get staged at the starting line but that is just one more thing to think about.
tcj103

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on video missing at beginning of run. I haven't used it in autox yet, but shaking the system down I found the same issue.
Chris Fritz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second day. I tried to use the screen tap. Problem was our staging was too long, so the system would sense that I was stopped, stop recording and then I could not get it start recording in time before launch. I just lived with the missing frames.
Chris Fritz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice from Ed...

You can use the CaptureBufferDuration registry value to adjust the video precapture buffer length. Run regedit, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MaxQData\CameraCaptureSetup and create a DWORD value named CaptureBufferDuration if it doesn't already exist. The value is the number of seconds of video pretrigger capture before the FRT triggers; the default value (if this value is not present) is 2. Most cars can reach 20 MPH in under 2 seconds, but if you are still consistently not getting the beginning of your run, you can try changing this value to something like 5.

I have not tried it yet but it makes sense. I will post this weekend after some experimentation.
ProDarwin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever do some testing with these settings Chris? Our setup is missing the first few seconds of the run. It seems more like its not using a buffer at all vs. it being too small. I know I'm hitting 20mph in 2 seconds, but the video seems to be starting the instant I hit 20mph, and recording nothing before that point.
Chris Fritz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increasing the buffer worked a little better....the video starts just after launch. I had a co-driver last weekend who was new to Auto X so he launches were slower. It took her longer to get to 20 mph so the video started slightly later in the run.

Audio was better with v3.3a. I forgot to use the new codec settings so I can't tell if that will have any affect. I am using an external lapel mic, both web cam mics are disabled in Control Panel and the Web Cam SW. I need to find the correct gain setting for the mic SW driver.

search YouTube for wrxSTiautoxer to see video from last week Cumberland, MD Autocross. Buffer not changed for 8/14. On 8/15 and 16 it was.
ProDarwin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, beginning of the season and we are still having this problem. Chris, did you ever figure it out on your end?
ProDarwin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit, double post. Forum gave me an error.
Chris Fritz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did get it figured out last season. We have a test and tune in 2 weeks. I'll mess with settings then. I am considering a newer system with faster PC. Last year if I did not have enough time between runs, the Morgan Codec took too long to render and I was launching before Flight was ready again,
tcj103

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the aforementioned registry thing set to 5. Also, I reduced the recording start threshold to 11 mph. I now capture a couple seconds prior to launch pretty reliably. The trick is to not go fast enough in paddock/queue to set the recording trigger, so it starts and stops.

Make sure also that under camera capture settings (in setting app), and then under output file settings, that "enable precapture buffer" is also checked. I this works with the registry setting of 5 to cache 5 seconds of video.

Now if I can just get rid of that static noise thing...

Equipment:

Toshiba NB205, DIY set up using Grays 10 Hz blue tooth logger (similar to MQ GPS), and the webcam that comes with the Vector (can't recall the name). Also running XP Home, and Maxq version 3.4D
tcj103

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the aforementioned registry thing set to 5. Also, I reduced the recording start threshold to 11 mph. I now capture a couple seconds prior to launch pretty reliably. The trick is to not go fast enough in paddock/queue to set the recording trigger, so it starts and stops.

Make sure also that under camera capture settings (in setting app), and then under output file settings, that "enable precapture buffer" is also checked. I this works with the registry setting of 5 to cache 5 seconds of video.

Equipment:

Toshiba NB205, DIY set up using Grays 10 Hz blue tooth logger (similar to MQ GPS), and the webcam that comes with the Vector (can't recall the name). Also running XP Home, and Maxq version 3.4D
tcj103

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure also that under camera capture settings (in setting app), and then under output file settings, that "enable precapture buffer" is also checked. I think this works with the registry setting of 5 to cache 5 seconds of video.

Equipment:

Toshiba NB205, DIY set up using G-rays 10 Hz blue tooth logger (similar to MQ GPS), and the webcam that comes with the Vector (can't recall the name). Also running XP Home, and Maxq version 3.4D
Chris Fritz

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try the settings you have next weekend. We had a test and tune this weekend so I only recorded data and not video.

Has anyone tried the newer, faster laptops? I wonder how much of the issue of the static and popping is related to the slow Atom chip in the netbook.
ProDarwin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look at all of our settings again. Thanks for the updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: