MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple suggestion - how about a 'FRONT' sticker?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Suggestions and feature requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_C

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Simple suggestion - how about a 'FRONT' sticker? Reply with quote

I must had mis-understood Ed when I first installed our unit into the test vehicles. It was installed withe the ports front-to-back.
Slightly confusing as to why we were seeing Lat-G where Long-G should have been. It's not a real problem as we are using it only on straight-line testing, and using the G-meter to accertain gearshifts.

I've just seen this install in another post - and it is all obvious why!
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lovelljc/MidO/July07/pages/DSC05072.html

Anyways - either a picture in the manual, or a sticker on the unit will make things very simple!

Dave
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

This is described on page 9 of the MQ200 manual (Step 5 of the Quickstart Guide). There is a picture on page 82 which explains which side should be oriented towards the front of the car. You can search the document for the word "orientation" to find the references. Also, the help tip associated with the Internal LatG "Orientation" value in MaxQData Setup explains it. Newer MQ200s have stickers on the end plates which identify which end is "Side 1" and "Side 3". Because the MQ200 might need to be installed in a different orientation in some cars, there is no "front" as such. You just need to tell the software which of the four sides is facing forward. This is "Side 0" by default.
Dave_C

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I have an old manual? I don't remember any picture showing the orientation for sure?
Anyways - It's sorted now Smile
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be defensive, but just to clarify in case anyone is still using an older MQ200 manual - the picture is on page 61 of the Rev 0 manual, page 81 of the Rev 1 manual, and page 82 of the Rev 2 and Rev 3 manuals. Apologies if some other version slipped out which didn't have the picture. The Rev 3 manual is downloadable from our Documentation area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Suggestions and feature requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: