MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any tips on the audio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glagola1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Any tips on the audio? Reply with quote

The clipping is out of control. I used an external lapel mic and it's a good bit better than the onboard mic but still, it's not good.

thanks,

Matt
naschmitz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that decent audio is a MUST HAVE for the VeQtr. Right now I have to use a workaround (registry hack) to get the audio to stay in sync, avoid popping, pitch shifting, etc.

I read on a TrackVision forum that dynamic or condenser mics do much better than electret mics for in-car recording. So I bought a Samson Q1U usb dynamic mic for less than $50. You can listen to a recording here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEDtzk5yOc

The banging you hear are the passenger shoulder belts swinging near where I mounted the microphone.
naschmitz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to video from the following weeks' event where I secured the unused shoulder harness on the passenger's seat so the banging in the audio is gone.

I also need to pay better attention to how I orient the stereo microphone -- I must have had the right channel facing against the car because most of the audio is on the left channel. But overall I am happy with the audio.

But for some reason the frame rates weren't so hot -- I'm still trying to figure that one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWB2xiY86cs

I took first place in my class and fourth overall.

Bert
glagola1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I like the footwell camera. I'm going to try something like that soon.

Anyway, I tried a different dynamic mic and it worked better but still it's too sensitive. I'm going to try one of my less sensitive mics. I've got a whole studio full.

I just downloaded the new MaxQ software so hopefully the audio syncs now.

Here's a link to the video I took yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4by_cW9FE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: