MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quantum/Flight Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spdracer22

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Quantum/Flight Issues Reply with quote

I recently received a Quantum unit, and have had issues with it since Day 1.

For reference, I am using the standalone logging mode. The battery is fully charged before every logging session, and I wait until the unit indicates satellite lock before trying to log.

First, it will randomly shut itself off, without logging any data. I have done approximately 5 hours of logging in the past 5 days, including both track time and driving around on the street. Some days it will shut off every few minutes, and other days I have no issues whatsoever.

Second, the Quantum's Flight trigger (on the unit, not on a PC/PDA) does not consistently log data I have examples where, on the street, I have stopped at stop lights for longer than the stop speed trigger timeout, and the unit will not pick up logging again once the vehicle begins moving again. Also, at the track (autocross at CMP) the unit picked up only 3 of 5; during one run, the unit shut off, and during the other, it indicated satellite lock, yet did not log.

Third, the Flight PC software seems to be very inconsistent in splitting the runs. I've spent over 2 hours trying to split the 3 files from the autocross above, and have yet to get it to split correctly. I have tried everything from the default settings, to high/low start and stop speeds, the longitudinal trigger, etc., but to no avail. I have, on multiple occasions, processed the SAME file with the SAME Flight settings, and have gotten ALL different results. One file will have 75% of the lap, and the next only has 45%. Needless to say, I have been left frustrated and confused.

I did receive a rehash of the FAQ as a response from Kevin, but my follow-ups have gone unanswered.

After all of the good reviews on SCCAForums, from NASA members, etc., I spent a lot of money on this setup, and have had nothing but issues with it, and no one seems willing to help.
spdracer22

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a reply from Ed. I will post what, if anything, we can figure out to solve my issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: