MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Static/popping sound with Morgan codec?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcj103

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Static/popping sound with Morgan codec? Reply with quote

I'm using the new, optional Morgan Multimedia codec to record video, with the following hardware:

Toshiba NB-205 210 netbook:
2 GB ram (upgraded from 1 GB)
160 GB SATA HDD
Atom 280 processor
Flight 3.3a
Logitech pro 9000 webcam as primary
Aftermarket USB-bluetooth adapter.

I've noticed a static-like, intermittent "popping" sound that only happens when using the codec. I've left the settings at their default values on the codec, recording 640x320, 30 fps.

EMI has been eliminated; it does it with engine on, off, etc. It may be EMI, but if it is, it's the netbook doing it, since it does it in a room isolated from other sources. It also only does it with the codec selected; when using standard Windows encoding, no popping sounds at all.

The frequency of the popping sound seems to correspond with a flashing LED on the bluetooth adapter, however it doesn't do it on every beat. It's above 1 Hz, maybe around 2-3 Hz.

An example of the sound can be heard in the below link; about 20 seconds or so into the clip, I spin out in a slalom, so the wind noise is eliminated. (The popping is otherwise drowned out by the wind noise, which is being worked on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nouBtjx38qs

Anyone else experience this?
Greg Barnett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: audio issues Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue ( http://drop.io/f7agryi/media ) - next time out I'll try changing the codec.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> VeQtr Systems and Video Features All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: