MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any other Pocket PC's you guys recomend
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MX5RACER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Any other Pocket PC's you guys recomend Reply with quote

I talked with Dell yesterday and they are not selling the X51 right now and they could not give me a date that they would start selling it again. So, I need to get a different brand Pocket PC and I was wondering which other units you would recomend.

I also e-mailed MaxQData yesterday with the same question and I have not gotten a response yet.
turboPWR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP makes a good pocket pc, although any pocket pc that has Windows Moble 2003 or newer opperating system will work as long as it also has bluetooth.

UNC Charlotte - Mechanical Engineering
PCA F Prepared '86 944 turbo

"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel Barker
MX5RACER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to MaxQ was sent back as "Timed Out", anyone else have any problems contacting them?
mitchman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never got a "timed out" message. Normally I just email them at their "info" email address and Ed get's back to me in a couple of days. (he's been really busy lately)
MX5RACER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply to this question, as in none (From MaxQ). I also got no response from the second e-mail I sent about this. The money I was going to spend on a pocket pc and the GPS unit is now going to be put toward a Traqmate. Thanks MaxQ, for making that decision an easy one, great customer service!

Sorry for the rant.
mitchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this is the MaxQData forum. You could ask the question here and we could try an answer it.

You could also give them a call. (I know that Ed get's a TON of email)

The phone number is: 425-562-3423

I hope you change your mind. I know that there are a ton of top drivers using the MQGPS and being able to share data with them IN GRID is a huge benifit.
daverx7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mitchman wrote:
You know, this is the MaxQData forum. You could ask the question here and we could try an answer it.

You could also give them a call. (I know that Ed get's a TON of email)

The phone number is: 425-562-3423

I hope you change your mind. I know that there are a ton of top drivers using the MQGPS and being able to share data with them IN GRID is a huge benifit.

I'm with Mitchman here. Before making that decision, try using the forums and see if the users can help... or short circuit things and give 'em a call. I did this when I got into a pinch and Ed was awesome.

BTW, I ended up buying an used HP HX4700 as my PDA... works great!

-Dave
MX5RACER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did ask the question, see this post. I was just looking for a specific answer, like we (MaxQ) tested it with brand X and it worked fine. I am bouncing back and forth trying find a direction to go. My co-driver has a DL1, but it sucks trying to get a start point so you can reference all runs to it. You also cannot reveiw the data fast enough for it to help you during an event (With the exception of a ProSolo).

I guess I got a little ahead of myself here, but I am just frustrated. I go to buy a Dell unit and then the GPS unit, but Dell does not carry the X51 anymore (Or ANY windows based Pocket PC). So I e-mail some questions to MaxQ and got no response. I come on here, register, post my question and get no response from MaxQ.

On top of this add the fact that I bought a CRX to run in STS2 and I cannot find an engine to put in it (It came with a B20, that I took out and sold, so now I have a shell in the garage). I am selling my Miata next week and do not have the replacement car, CRX, running yet. It has been fun.
daverx7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all that going on, I can certainly understand your frustration.

With the given application of how I am using this PDA (autoX in a convertible gets really dirty and can be exposed to some rough driving... as you know.) I thought going used for the PDA was the way to go. There are a ton of these on eBay for great prices.

I chose the HX4700 as it has a huge VGA screen, built in bluetooth and supported both SD and CF cards. The drawback is that it took a lot of tweaks to get it to perform well with WM5.

If you decide to go with the MaxQData and the used PDA route and you get one with 2003, then you might want to consider writing and running everything from a card.

Just some random thoughts and suggestions. Smile

-Dave
mitchman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy is buying a MQGPS and he's going to buy this for his PPC:

eBay Dell X51
MaxQAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MX5RACER, I apologize for the delay in responding to your query. You caught us at just the wrong time, as we were in the process of releasing the 2.6b software, updating the website, etc.

We are now recommending the new HP iPAQ rx4240. It's the least expensive option on the market right now (as a new system) and it's a really nice form factor. We are happy to sell one as part of a complete MaxQData system, or you can buy them directly from www.hp.com or several other sources.

For used devices, we still recommend the Dell Axim X51. They are commonly available on eBay. You can save $75-$100 compared to the cost of the rx4240 and the screen is bigger. Occasionally we have some of these in stock for sale, but you will have to contact us directly as it isn't listed on our ordering page.

I checked and it looks like we responded to your email on April 19. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,

Ed Lansinger
MaxQData, LLC
MX5RACER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get any e-mail on my end, but you have answered the question.

Thank you.
ERND IT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: mq-gps and the palm treo 700wx??? Reply with quote

Has anyone tested/used the mq-gps with the palm treo 700 wx which runs windows mobile 5.0? seems like it should work... just wondering if anyone has tried it with success???
thanks!
mitchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who does this, but I'm not sure if he views this forum. I'll email him and let him know.
APailthorp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Samsung SCH-i730 upgraded to run Windows Mobile 5.0. Works great with the MQ-GPS.

Also, I can use the MQ-GPS with the phones EVDO data connection to run Google Maps, and get free geo-location on a complete map or satellite image (within the Verizon service area).

I'm kind of looking forward to the Samsung SCH-i760:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-sch-i760/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Contents © Copyright 2006 MaxQData, LLC