MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MQGPS Standalone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcimino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: MQGPS Standalone? Reply with quote

After reading the manual, I suspect the answer to my question is the Pocket PC must be on and paired to work. But I'll ask anyway....

I have a question about the ability to use the MAXQGPS as a standalone device. For example, I show up to an event and forget my PocketPC, or maybe I just want to start/stop recording without having to monkey around with squinting at my screen in sunlight.

Does the unit have a way to start/stop recording without a PocketPC?

Or, as I suspect, does the PocketPC do the actual recording and the MAXQGPS just provides the data? So the unit doesn't actually log data, only reports it?

Thanks!
daverx7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: MQGPS Standalone? Reply with quote

pcimino wrote:
Or, as I suspect, does the PocketPC do the actual recording and the MAXQGPS just provides the data? So the unit doesn't actually log data, only reports it?

Bingo! This is the way I understand it as well. So, the MaxQGPS does require the PocketPC for the storing and processing.

http://www.maxqdata.com/General%20FAQ.htm#WhatElseToBuy

BTW, you will love this unit! Smile

-Dave
brianmcgaha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: MQGPS Standalone? Reply with quote

pcimino wrote:

I have a question about the ability to use the MAXQGPS as a standalone device. For example, I show up to an event and forget my PocketPC, or maybe I just want to start/stop recording without having to monkey around with squinting at my screen in sunlight.

Yes you need the pocket pc, but at the same time you dont have to "squint at the screen" at all. You can leave it in the glove compartment all day long and record and save all of your runs individually without ever touching it or looking at it.
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless, of course, you want to use the Pocket PC as a lap timer/lap counter on your dash. In which case you don't need to squint at it, since the lap time display uses big numbers.

I'd also like to stress the ability to review your data *immediately* after your run/session, since the Pocket PC software has all the same analysis capabilities as the PC software and you don't have to hunt for your laptop, download the data, etc.

We'll shortly be offering another Pocket PC option with a significantly larger screen (and navigation software!).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update to this thread we now have the MQGPS-traqr.

It's a completely self contained data solution.
It doesn't need the ppc , just download your data after a days worth of racing. check it out on our products page.

PS it can also be paired to a ppc just like the standard MQGPS Classic and Hi-def units

kevin
KevinDietz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As another update to this thread we now have the Quantum that can also do internal data logging at 20hz with built in accelerometers. The Quantum has 1GB of SD data storage space, that's enough for a weeks worth of continual data logging.

Way cooool.. Cool
3. Bigger Brakes
4. or just give me the keys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Contents © Copyright 2006 MaxQData, LLC