MaxQ Data Point Forum Index MaxQ Data Point
Supporting the MaxQData User Community

MaxQData Home Page | MaxQData Wiki
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chart software on Motorola Q

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaWorstPlaya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Chart software on Motorola Q Reply with quote

I've been messing around with the smartphone version of the software since I own a Motorola Q. Does the Smartphone version of the Chart App not have the ability to do small incremental scrolling? It seems to only move accross the map in large chunks when pressing the directional pad. On a PC you have both options.
DaWorstPlaya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out why this is happening. The software has a time period option that determines how much you skip through as you go through the GPS "map". But the problem seems to be the lowest unit "-/+ 10s" is still too big of a jump for a auto-x course and doesn't give the level of fine granularity one gets on the PC using the chart software.

I guess I'm just going to buy the ASUS combo package as the touchscreen on the Pocket PC and the chart software probably gives a more detailed analysis on the spot. Can someone please confirm this?
DaWorstPlaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I know it lame that I'm just adding to my own post but is the time scale in Chart limited to -/+ 10s because there is no unlock code? Because I read this:

Quote:
If no unlock code is used, you will be limited to 1 Hz operation.

Because I thought it meant that the sampling rate in Flight was limited to 1Hz operation and this didn't affect the Chart app.
Ed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is changing in the next version. We had to simplify the user interface in Chart in order to squeeze it onto non-touchscreen Smartphone devices. Using the left/right directional keys currently jumps one-tenth of the current zoom factor. Since the smallest zoom factor on Smartphone is 10 seconds, that means that left/right jumps backwards/forwards 1 second. This is fairly coarse when you are trying to line up two runs precisely. You can work around this by using "Play 0.5x" and stopping when you reach the desired point. Still a little awkward, but it helps.

In the next revision of the software, the left/right directional keys will start by moving only one-hundredth of the current zoom factor for fine positioning, and will accelerate to larger jumps after a couple of seconds if you continue to hold the button down.

The unlock code has no relationship to this issue. The unlock code does not affect Chart in any way at this time. You don't even need an unlock code at all to run Chart and use all of its features.

The Chart software on the Smartphone is suitable for doing detailed analysis on the spot, although there are still some areas we'll be refining. A few features have been eliminated from the Smartphone version, but these are rarely used in the field or don't make sense on a Smartphone, such as export to Excel. The Chart experience on the touchscreen-based Pocket PC, such as the ASUS A626, is a somewhat richer experience because of the larger screen, the touchscreen interface, and all features are available, even the ones that aren't particularly useful in the field.
DaWorstPlaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, I just ended up going with the ASUS bundle. The Smartphone version is nice but its definately not as ergonomic as the PocketPC touchscreen version. I need the wife to be able to fiddle around with it too. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaxQ Data Point Forum Index -> New buyer questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Contents © Copyright 2006 MaxQData, LLC